Friday, October 01, 2010

Sintel - The latest from the Blender Foundation

Sintel is the latest release from the Blender Foundation. They've come a long way since 2005 when I watched the Elephants Dream, the first film from the foundation. The plot of the film has received some critisim but I felt it held together well and was quite watchable something I did not feel was the situation with the Elephant's Dream.



The technical challenges the team have taken on for this film are numerous, massive landscapes, snow, sand, fire, humans and animals are all done very proficiently. There were a couple of times I though the camera movement was not very natural but the photography was also very good.

All in all a very watchable short film and I wish the film all the best in the up comming festivals that it's showing at.

No comments: