Thursday, May 22, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
There's an upgrade to Carrara out today and there's plenty of good bug fixes but some that I'm specifically interested in related to the Non Linear Animation.
- Simplified NLA clip/pose display and manipulation
- Improved auto blending between clips and pose in NLA tracks
- NLA Bounding Box no longer separates from object during playback.
- NLA, Offset relative to previous clip Translate values is now correct.
- NLA tracks no longer go invisible when you create a Master Pose and reappear when you change selection
I believe that these will resolve the issue I was seeing when trying to figure out how to create the offsets when writing my Carrara NLA Tutorial.
One of the reasons Daz have created this update is so that their new product Mimic Pro for Carrara will work, this is currently discounted by 30% for the next few weeks. This is a good price for people who don't have Mimic but there is currently no economical upgrade path for those using both Mimic Pro and Carrara.
My tips for using Mimic will mostly become obsolete when using Mimic embedded into Carrara as the majority of these revolve around the import/export processes.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Due to technical issues I'd incorrectly thought that none of my favourite animation bloggers were writing anything. It turns out that it was a fault with the way I've been using Yahoo Pipes to aggregate them. So here are the list of feeds in OPML format.
And here they are in long hand:
- Robert the Bruce and the Spider
- keith lango animation
- Thinking Animation Blog
- GIORGIO BERTOLONE
- Hand Drawn Nomad
- Heroes for Ghosts production Blog
- All Monsters Attack!
- justinAnimator's thoughts
- Kramer Klaymation
- Morilyon animations
- I often think my life is just one big dream! Then I wonder whose it is and are they enjoying it?
- Animators Aggregate
- Making of Tannenberg !
- Sick Puppy
- adventures on the animation rollercoaster
- Animation Backgrounds
- Gobblynne Animation's blog