I've used Gif Construction Set some of my early animations and if you are creating things for deployment on the web then they are very suitable. The tools have gone through a few changes since I've used them last and now have the ability to export animations as GIF/MNG/AVI/MOV and now SWF. You can see some of their examples on their website. They have just sent a press release:
Press Release from Alchemy Mindworks
For a limited time, you can own Alchemy Mindworks' suite of state-of-the-art animation tools at a substantial discount. Buy the Animation Tools Bundle and get:
- GIF Construction Set Professional 3
- PNG/MNG Construction Set
- Animation Workshop
The Animation Tools Bundle will help you:
- Build web page animations using the world's most popular animation package.
- Modify existing animations to suite your requirements.
- Create and maintain complex animated banners.
- Access Alchemy Mindworks' suite of animation plugins (sold separately.)
- Pre-process your digital photographs and other still graphics for use with animations.
Bought separately, these applications would cost $110.00. The Animation Tools Bundle is available for $79.99, a $30.00 saving.